Account Services Co-Op (July-Dec 2024)
Cambridge-Two Education Circle
EF Education First is proud to offer a Cooperative Education Program (co-op) in partnership with a student’s college or university, giving students the opportunity to align their academic and future career goals with full time or part time work experience for a select period of time. EF is currently offering a multitude of co-ops across our travel, language, and education businesses in sales, customer service, operations, finance, and marketing. Account Services Specialist Cultural Care Au Pair
M-F 40 hrs per week July – Dec 2024 At Cultural Care Au Pair, we believe that cultural exchange has the power to make the world a more welcoming, understanding, and open place. We build global families by bringing together international visitors with American host families—providing meaningful childcare for families, an unforgettable year in America for au pairs, and a culturally enriching experience for both parties. We are proud to be the largest and most experienced au pair organization in the world, having successfully placed more than 120,000 au pairs into welcoming American homes since 1989. Our program is strictly regulated, and our dedicated staff work together to ensure each participant has the experience of a lifetime. Here at Cultural Care, we are a team of problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and innovators who are constantly thinking about how we can improve our program experience, respond to micro- and macro-level challenges, and stay relevant to our global audiences. About the role: You are a natural relationship builder and truly enjoy working with people. If you thrive independently while striving towards a greater team goal and want to play a major role in keeping our cultural exchange program healthy and vibrant for years to come, this job may be perfect for you. Use your superior communication skills and timely responsiveness in this highly visible position within our company. Working mostly through phone and email communication, you serve as the primary resource of information and problem solving for our host families, au pairs, Local Childcare Consultants (LCCs) and colleagues. You will work directly with our experienced team of LCCs to ensure our program remains compliant with the regulations set forth by the Department of State and ensure our host families uphold their financial responsibilities of the program. With every inquiry, you proactively add value to the overall customer experience by remaining positive and thorough, taking ownership of resolution and anticipating their future needs. This role gives insight into every aspect of our organization, setting up the right candidate for future growth opportunities within Cultural Care and greater EF. Who we’re looking for:
- A strong communicator: effectively communicate with customers and colleagues on a regular basis. This includes but is not limited to being able to speak to a family about a past due balance, an au pair who needs help with a missed flight or a colleague regarding Department of State regulations that pertain to our program.
- Strategic thinker: able to organize daily tasks in order to be efficient and deliberate in accomplishing goals.
- Goal-oriented : motivated to attain weekly, monthly and annual individual and department goals.
- Flexible: can pivot and adapt quickly to new processes in order to meet company and customer needs.
- Collaborative: highly skilled in being informative with fellow departments to provide the best overall customer experience.
- Analytical: comfortable with numbers and being able to read spreadsheets.
- Creative: share fresh ideas on ways we can improve staff efficiency and the customer experience.
- Resilient: a natural ability to have a challenging conversation and speak to the next customer immediately with empathy and an open mind.
- Ability to manage high volumes of calls, emails and tasks daily
- Strong attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Proficient in working with deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A natural motivator and connector, bringing passion and enthusiasm to a team
- Problem solving skills
EF Boston Co-Op Development Program
As a co-op at EF Boston you'll participate in our Co-Op development program, designed specifically for undergraduates in our North American headquarters located along the Charles River.
EF's co-op program includes 3 building blocks: LEARN, BUILD & DRIVE.
LEARN business acumen and professional development skills.
BUILD a worldwide network of leaders, mentors, and peers.
DRIVE projects that have a global impact. About EF Education First: At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities. When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique. Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com