Collection of personal information
“Personal Data” is information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified, such as for example:
- Name and contact details (e.g. postal and email address, telephone number)
- Profile information (e.g. user name, profile picture or social media account ID)
- Country of residence
- Birth date
- Technical information, e.g. screen name, IP address, browser and device data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, server log file data, app usage data and location data
- Preferences (e.g. browsing habits)
- Employment information
- Familial status, name and age of children
- Credit and debit card number
- Medical condition (e.g. allergies or illness)
The Way We Use Personal Data
Personal Data collected by culturalcare.com is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. On our site, you can request information, refer host families, access and submit the host family application, and access your online account. Personal Data you provide will be used to facilitate these requests and to provide you any other requested services. We use the information you provide about someone else for the ‘refer a family’ program to contact that potential family about the program. We do not share this information with outside parties. We may also use Personal Data:
- For statistical purposes, calculating usage levels, and helping diagnose server problems as well as to ensure that the Cultural Care products function properly.
- To allow you to contact and be contacted by other users through the Cultural Care interface, as permitted.
- To allow you to participate on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and use other services enabling you to post information and materials.
- To analyze and improve our offers by identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and tailoring the Cultural Care experience and content based on your past activities on the Cultural Care website. For example, depending on what you have searched for on our website, or in previous browsing, the information presented to you on the website may be individualized.
- To provide you with personalized location-based services and content through the use of your device’s physical location. For example, you will be redirected to the local Cultural Care website in your language if your device indicates that you are browsing from that country, or you may be suggested the nearest Cultural Care office to your location for visits or information.
- To market our products and services, including special promotions based on your interests, for example through email marketing solutions such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s management software which maintains mailing lists and schedules and modifies email messages based on what recipients read, click-on or forward. All such email communication will include a clear unsubscribe link.
Your Personal Data will be processed by Cultural Care Au Pair both within and outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland, primarily to complete your transactions and to provide efficient, customized and meaningful experiences online. We do not sell your Personal data. rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to any third parties, except when necessary to service your account. When necessary or legally required, we may share that information with our corporate affiliates, government agencies, claims handlers, service providers and business partners both within and outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland.
Cultural Care Au Pair maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of personally identifiable information we collect. To guard your credit card information submitted to us online, our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address during transmission for your protection.
Use of “cookies”
Cultural Care Au Pair uses a technology nicknamed “cookies”. Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. They tell us how and when pages on our site are visited and by how many people.
Cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, although they do identify a user’s computer. We do not combine information collected through cookies with other personally identifiable information in order to detect who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent this. If you do so however, you may not be able to take full advantage of our web site. The complete online reservation process can for example only be accessed if you accept cookies.
As you browse our site, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. This enables us or our partners to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with our site. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of targeted advertising.
Our commitment to children’s privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, we comply in all respects with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and do not knowingly solicit, request or collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13.
Reviewing or changing your information
You can access personal information online by providing your host family number or email address and password when prompted at the login. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can request changes of factual errors in your personal account from your online account, via email to your Customer Relations Manager, by calling our toll-free number at 1-800-333-6056, or by sending mail to:
Cultural Care Au Pair
One Education Street
Cambridge, MA 02141
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request and receive from us, once per year and free of charge, information about the personal information we have disclosed (if any) to third parties for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com including the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, and provide us with your name, postal address and email address.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org including the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights. California residents have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verified consumer request, we will disclose to you: (i) the categories of personal information we collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you; (iii) our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; (v) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request); (vi) if we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing any sales (identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased) and disclosures for a business purpose (identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained).
- Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verified consumer request, we will delete (and direct any service providers to delete) your personal information from our records unless an exception applies, which may include but is not limited to information needed: (i) to complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you; (ii) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; (iii) enable solely internal uses that are reasonable aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; (iv) comply with a legal obligation; and (v) make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1.800.333.6056
- Emailing us at email@example.com
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verified consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us properly to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot response to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make a request.
- Response Timing and Format. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without issue. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
Tell us what you think
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy. Should you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please call us at 1-800-333-6056 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org .